The Early Bird Catches The Worm

photo by dicktay2000

I'm off blogging for a couple of months, but I have to share this one thing. I have just watch Grey's Anatomy, first season episode 6. The narrator's script spoken by Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompey) has caught me with something I've been thinking lately. It's divided into two sections, the first was told at the beginning of the episode and the second was at the end. Just read along...

A couple hundred years ago,
Benjamin Franklin shared with the world
the secret of his success.
"Never leave that till tomorrow, " he said, 
"which you can do today."
This is the man who discovered electricity.
You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say.
I don't know why we put things off,
but if I had to guess,
I'd say it has a lot to do with fear.
Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection.
Sometimes, the fear is just of making a decision.
Because, what if you're wrong?
What if you're making a mistake you can't undo?
Whatever it is we're afraid of,
one thing holds true.
That, by the time the pain of not doing a thing
gets worse than the fear of doing it,
it can feel like we're carrying around a giant tumor.
----------
The early bird catches the worm.1)
A stitch in time saves nine.2)
He who hesitates is lost.3)
We can't pretend we haven't been told.
We've all heard the proverbs,
heard the philosophers,
heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time,
heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day.
Still, sometimes, we have to see for ourselves.
We have to make our own mistakes.
We have to learn our own lessons.
We have to sweep today's possibility,
under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore,
until we finally understand for ourselves
what Benjamin Franklin meant.
That knowing is better than wondering.
That waking is better than sleeping.
And that even the biggest failure,
even the worst, most intractable mistake
beats the hell out of never trying.


And that was it, beautifully said. I have to continue on watching Grey's Anatomy, so... This is Aristian speaking, over and out.

--
Luck favors the prepared

16 comments:

August 20, 2011 at 12:00:00 PM GMT+7 0800 telephone numbers said...

i am organizing an event in my company by showing a documentary and i need to attract a crowd , please suggest me some early bird prizes which i could give away to atleast 100 people, i have a total budget of 2500

September 10, 2011 at 6:13:00 PM GMT+7 Mac Photo Recovery said...

Great inspiring article.you have done the great job.hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

October 12, 2011 at 2:08:00 PM GMT+7 vending companies said...

The bird looking on prowling.Nice handy information shared here.

October 12, 2011 at 2:42:00 PM GMT+7 vending companies said...

blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck.

October 12, 2011 at 2:49:00 PM GMT+7 vending companies said...

I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.

November 15, 2011 at 1:58:00 PM GMT+7 sink vanities said...

Good write-up, I am regular visitor of one¡¦s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It's going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

November 15, 2011 at 4:21:00 PM GMT+7 sink vanities said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on.

January 11, 2012 at 12:50:00 AM GMT+7 fishing smallmouth bass said...

Good sharing such great details by us dissertation help in fact appreciate every thesis thing that you've done here with am glad to know that you really care about the earth that we live in.

January 11, 2012 at 1:01:00 AM GMT+7 fishing smallmouth bass said...

Great! Well, I admire the precious time and effort you put into it, especially into interesting articles you share here! It was very interesting..

January 11, 2012 at 1:02:00 AM GMT+7 fishing smallmouth bass said...

There are lots of topics here that are really nice to read thanks for posting guys.

September 6, 2012 at 12:59:00 AM GMT+7 vending machines los angeles said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenter here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I’m sure you had fun writing this article.

September 6, 2012 at 1:02:00 AM GMT+7 vending machines los angeles said...

I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it.

September 6, 2012 at 1:05:00 AM GMT+7 vending machines los angeles said...

I really don't think anyone has put it that way before!. Your blog is definitely worth a read if anyone finds it. I'm lucky I did because now I've got a whole new view of this.

September 22, 2012 at 11:00:00 PM GMT+7 self drug test said...

This article is exactly what I needed, thank you for sharing. I would recommend friends over to read. I hope you can keep writing more and more good articles. This is really useful to me.

September 22, 2012 at 11:02:00 PM GMT+7 self drug test said...

This one is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.

September 22, 2012 at 11:04:00 PM GMT+7 self drug test said...

This is a good posting, I was wondering if I could use this write-up on my website, I will link it back to your website though. If this is a problem please let me know and I will take it down right away.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails