Glee




Glee is a music club in high school consisting students that are at the bottom of social heap. They sing and perform and also get bullied often by others. The L word in the above picture is a gesture sign mocking a Loser. Its TV Series is playing now at Star World every Wednesday at 8PM WIB. Last week it was the first episode of the first season. It was aired before in Fox TV for a full first season, and has recently received Golden Globe Award for the best TV Series - Comedy.

Glee is teen-alike funny, sometimes heartwarming and if you get too carried away, I'm sure it will get your eyes wet. Its main plot is just like Water Boys (J-Dorama), GTO (J-Dorama), High School Musical (Disney) combined altogether with subplot of Glee's teacher/director personal life. I'm sure that since this is a TV Series, the plot will be likely to get more complicated (as to gain more audience rating).

The series features some of oldies music, pop, classic rock and R&B which most of the songs I didn't know before (maybe some of it is taken from some theatrical performance in broadway). It's surprising enough that I, who never like R&B can get carried away and like Take A Bow performed by Glee (originally sung by Rihanna). And several other songs that would never get a place in my heart and ear, turned out to be very welcoming and great. Maybe it's because of the theatrical show they performed, combined with the teenage drama story that is related to the song giving a greater impact to the meaning of the songs used. The songs performed by Glee has been a commercial success with over two million digital sales (mostly via iTunes).

Recently I've been watching Glee like crazy..., hasty too. I've downloaded all 13 episodes of their TV Series and crunch it finished for the past 1 week. I can't wait for the second season to be aired which according to this site will be April 13. And to rate this series' first season, I give 8 out of 10! For those of you who got TV Cables or unlimited internet connection (torrent is your friend here) and have passion for music or need something to kill your free time, then I insist you to watch it. To tease you further, you can watch one of my favorite song taken from the first series (I'm not spoiler type of guy). Click here!

You can read further information about Glee in wikipedia here.

PS: A little tips if you have a choppy internet connection: while you are waiting for the youtube video clip to finish loading, you can mute it and wait for about approximately 15 minutes before it finish. Then you can watch it without stutter or choppy performance.

Also answering JAK's Math Blog Post, here is my equation (quoting from Wikipedia).

Glee x Geek = Gleek*

*) Gleek is a slang for Glee Fans

13 comments:

January 27, 2010 at 12:28:00 PM GMT+7 Jos said...

yup... i've heard this gLee.. cool...
i will try to watch it :)
to get some inspirations !

January 27, 2010 at 1:53:00 PM GMT+7 jak said...

Glee got Golden Globe? This must be gr8 shows! But it's too bad i dont have that much time to watch series =(

"I'm not spoiler type of guy" - Hahaha..ada yang kesindir nih...Valen must read this post :P

ps: Nice try for the math :D

January 29, 2010 at 1:05:00 AM GMT+7 Aristian W. said...

@jos: it's a must... i have new favorite music from this glee such as Defying Gravity, Can't Fight These Feeling, Take A Bow, Dancing With Myself, Smile (Lily Allen)... wes a lot lah pokoke... also they mashes up songs: Halo (beyonce) + Walking On Sunshine (Aly & AJ) and It's My Life (Bon Jovi) + Confessions, Pt.2 (Usher)... The results is cool!

@jak: you should spend some time to watch series, maybe in your weekend... you dont know how much good tv series you have missed jak..

January 30, 2010 at 9:56:00 AM GMT+7 jak said...

Ok Ris, let see what i can do =)

August 20, 2011 at 12:00:00 PM GMT+7 0800 telephone numbers said...

I want one with just Vocal Adrenaline and not quinn's birth. I wanted to show it to a friend but didn't want the birth scene in it because it would be weird for them and they wouldn't understand it. Have they put out a video like that yet?

September 10, 2011 at 6:25:00 PM GMT+7 Mac Photo Recovery said...

Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. At the same time,i love best pram very much .Welcome to look at my website and blog articles.

September 13, 2011 at 1:42:00 AM GMT+7 Mac Photo Recovery said...

Awesome information. Thank you for posting and keep up the good work. I’ll be following your blog closely from now on!

October 12, 2011 at 2:18:00 PM GMT+7 vending companies said...

Pretty insightful post. Never thought that it was this simple after all. I had spent a good deal of my time looking for someone to explain this subject clearly and you’re the only one that ever did that. Kudos to you! Keep it up.

September 6, 2012 at 1:09:00 AM GMT+7 vending machines los angeles said...

I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

September 6, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM GMT+7 vending machines los angeles said...

This article is exactly what I needed, thank you for sharing. I would recommend friends over to read. I hope you can keep writing more and more good articles. This is really useful to me.

September 22, 2012 at 11:03:00 PM GMT+7 self drug test said...

Wow nice information you have shared here. Actually Google made searching of information easy on any topic. Well keep it up and post more interesting blogs.

September 22, 2012 at 11:05:00 PM GMT+7 self drug test said...

I see you offer priceless info. Stumbled into this blog by chance but I'm sure glad I clicked on that link. You definitely answered all the questions I've been dying to answer for some time now. Will definitely come back for more of this.

September 22, 2012 at 11:08:00 PM GMT+7 self drug test said...

This is a very informative article.I was looking for these things and here I found it. I am doing a project and this information is very useful me.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails